July 10, 2013

Lomo Saltado

(see source for detailed directions, nutrition facts, and suggestions)

I purposefully make the directions cripplingly simple so that you'll visit the source.

Source: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/peruvian-lomo-saltado/Detail.aspx

Ingredients

1 package frozen fries (or just chop up some potatoes in strips and cook them)
oil
Thinly sliced beef of some sort
salt and pepper
1 large onion cut in strips
3 large tomatoes, sliced
1 yellow chili pepper (or whatever, its optional though)
1/4 cup white vinegar
soy sauce to taste
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, optional)

Directions

 Prepare the french fries like normal (or just cook some sliced potatoes, thats what I did.) Cook the meat with salt and pepper until just cooked, then remove, and cook the onions. Stir in the tomato and chopped pepper, cook until tomato softens. Add vinegar and soy sauce to taste. I recommend a lot of both and I also recommend lots of tomatoes. Add potatoes in, and meat, and cook until everything is done. Sprinkle with parsley.

Notes

This is a peruvian dish that my roommate taught me. We just used potatoes fried in oil all chopped up. I microwaved them first because potatoes cook so stinking slow. I like lots of vinegar and soy sauce and way more tomatoes (I used canned stewed tomatoes) and I never eat it with parsley. I'm a college student, we don't believe in parsley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment