July 10, 2013

Otai

Source: http://polynesiankitchen.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-mamas-watermelon-otai-recipe_9555.html

Ingredients

1 ripe seedless watermelon
1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 can coconut milk
Water (variable to taste)
1/2 cup sugar (variable to taste)
1/2 fresh lime squeezed (optional)

Directions

Cut the watermelon in half, use a fork to scrape out the insides. You want it to be pretty much mush. To the mushy watermelon juice mix, add the crushed pineapple. I recommend lots of pineapple of various sizes of chunks, and the coconut, coconut milk, sugar, and water. Refrigerate it nice and good.


Notes

This is a Polynesian drink I learned to make in Hawaii. My version is different than the source a bit, I highly recommend my version. You chew this while you drink it. I know, it looks like throw up. It is very tasty though, and could be healthy depending on how much sugar you added. 

No comments:

Post a Comment